1. An offer to help you access your pension savings before age 55. It is only possible to do this in rare situations, for instance if you are very ill, so be careful and always check with your pension provider.
2. A recommendation to take a large amount of money, or your whole pension pot, in a lump sum and invest it. There are significant tax implications if you take lots of your savings in one go, so check the tax position before you make any decisions.
3. Warnings that the deal is limited and you must act now. Choosing the right retirement income product(s) is a big decision and shouldn’t be done quickly or under pressure.
4. An encouragement not to get professional financial advice or talk to Pension Wise. An adviser would be able to explain the rules and tax implications of different options and help you make the best choices for your personal circumstances, so be very suspicious if this is discouraged.
5. Contact by somebody who is not on the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) register. The register is a public record of all the regulated firms and individuals in the financial services industry, including retirement income providers and investment companies.
Always seek professional advice regarding your pensions!
Speaking to someone about your pension options is easy with Reeves Independent, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0191 281 9862 for a FREE initial conversation!