- Each year one million people have to stop work for more than four weeks due to illness or injury
- Each year a quarter of a million workers (around 1% of the UK workforce) leave employment due to ill health
- Only 3.2 million individuals are covered by either corporate income protection cover (2 million) or via an individual income protection plan (1.2 million)
What is Income protection?
Income protection insurance will pay a tax-free monthly income while you are unable to work due to illness, injury and / or suffer a reduction in salary for a prolonged period. It can be taken out individually or through your employer as a group policy.
Income protection policies can cover
- a proportion of your lost earnings after an agreed period (usually three or six months)
- until you are able to go back to work or the policy ends or for a limited period of time (such as two, three or five years)
- your expenses for home support, such as carers
If you have a policy, want to buy some cover, or just want more information:
- check whether your employer offers group income protection
- read through your policy and / or talk to your insurer
- talk to Reeves Independent
If you would like to discuss your protection needs then please contact us NOW on 0191 281 9862 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a FREE initial appointment